20HPE - INBOARD MARINE ENGINE
20HPE 180 - 20HPE 150 - 20HPE 120 - 20HPE 100 - 20HPE 40
FNM® 4-cylinder 20HPE engine is conceived according to GM B-family platform, equips a large number of small and medium size cars in Europe. The engine uses a common-rail fuel injection system controlled by an electronic control unit developed in house, especially made for it.
The engine is small, powerful and reliable and the availability of spare parts make this engine suitable of.
ECU developed in house
The engine electronic control unit (ECU) has been conceived after a 10-year development project carried out by R&D team; it is especially designed for HPE marine engines application. The ECU controls Bosch common rail system parts and included unique control stategies which can be personalized according customers’ request. It guarantees excellent performances with limited emissions.
High level performances
Set either for recreational use, where the engine reaches up to 129kW (175HP), or for any commercial purpose, where it can achieve up to 3000h/year, this unit guarantees excellent performances at each kind of operating condition.
|Engine designation||20 HPE 180||20 HPE 150||20 HPE 120||20 HPE 100||20 HPE 40|
|Crankshaft Power [kW] (hp)||129 (175)||108 (147)||88 (120)||73 (100)||29 (40)|
|Propeller shaft power [kW] (hp)||125 (170)||105 (143)||85 (116)||71 (97)||28 (39)|
|Engine speed [min-1]||4100||4100||3800||3800||3200|
|Displacement [l] (in3)||2,0 (119)||2,0 (119)||2,0 (119)||2,0 (119)||2,0 (119)|
|Number of cylinders||4||4||4||4|
|Bore/stroke [mm] (in)||83,0/90,4 (3,27/3,56)||83,0/90,4 (3,27/3,56)||83,0/90,4 (3,27/3,56)||83,0/90,4 (3,27/3,56)||83,0/90,4 (3,27/3,56)|
|Dry weight with TM 485A [kg]||301||301||301||301||301|
|Dry weight with ZF 485D [kg]||312||312||312||312||312|
|Emission compliance||RCD Stage II 2013/53/UE|
Technical data according to ISO8665. Fuel complies EN590. Merchant fuel may differ in specification and may influence engine power output and consumption. Production tolerance within 5% (of power). Not all models, standard equipment and accessories are available in all countries. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Engine block and head
- Cylinder block made of cast-iron
- Cylinder head made of aluminium
- 4-valve per cylinder technology with hydraulic lash adjusters
- Double overhead camshafts
- Oil-cooled pistons with compression and scraper rings
- Automotive-class availability of service and parts
- Rubber belt timing
- Flexible engine mounting
- Oil filter
- Oil separator with filtering technology
- Integrated cooler with engine’s coolant
- Common rail fuel injection system
- CMD proprietary ECU
- Fuel filter with water separator and alarm
Air inlet and exhaust system
- Air filter
- Oil vapours vented into inlet air
- Exhaust elbow or raiser depending on application
- Coolant-cooled turbocharger
- Raw-water cooled intercooler
- Exhaust manifold coolantcooled
- Thermostatically regulated freshwater cooling
- Thermal unit that integrates thermostat and tubular heat exchanger
- Easily accessible seawater impeller pump
- 12V standard two-pole electrical system
- 12V-2,3kW starter
- Alternator 12V-110A
- Emergency stop button on engine's ECU
- CANBUS Panel with 8m extension and digital display of engine data
Panel instrument CANBUS
- Engine data acquisition with CANBUS J1939 interface.
- Data acquisition from traditional sensors for up to eight analog inputs, five digital inputs and one frequency input.
- Acquisition of navigation data with NMEA0183 interface.
- Up to five relay command outputs for signals and simple activations.
- Alarm monitoring according to approved safety standards.
- Automatic brightness adjustment and day / night mode.
- USB local connectivity for firmware update and configuration.
The unit is supplied already programmed and ready to work.
- TM345A (8°) (20HPE100/40): R. 1,54:1, 2,00:1, 2,47:1
- TM485A1 (8°): R. 1,51:1, 2,09:1, 2,40:1
- ZF25A (8°) (20HPE120/100/40): R. 1,55:1, 1,93:1, 2,48:1, 2,23:1, 2,71:1
- ZF45A (8°): R. 1.26:1, 1,51:1, 2,03:1, 2,43:1
- ZF45-IV (20°): R. 1,21:1, 1,46:1
In-line and coaxial gearboxes
- ZF45-1 (in line): R. 2,20:1, 2,5:1, 3,03:1, 3,74:1
- ZF45C (coaxial): R. 1,00:1
- Single or double electronic CANBUS control station
- Boiler kit for heating
- Various length panel extension
- Second control panel for flybridge installations
- RACOR and Mediterraneo filters
- Trolling Valve
- NMEA2000 compatibility kit
- Wide range of additional instruments