13HPE - INBOARD MARINE ENGINE
Models: 13HPE 110 - 13HPE 80 - 13HPE 40
FNM® 4-cylinder 13HPE marine engine is built according 1,3 Multijet II features, a key product for small diesel engines in automotive industry. The engine uses a common-rail fuel injection system controlled by an electronic control unit developed in house, made specifically for this unit.
The result is a high power-to-displacement ratio unit.
ECU developed in house
The engine electronic control unit (ECU) has been conceived after a 10-year development project carried out by R&D team; it is especially designed for HPE marine engines application. The ECU controls common rail system parts and included unique control stategies which can be personalized according customers’ request. It guarantees excellent performances with limited emissions.
High level performances
Set either for recreational use, where the engine reaches up to 81kW (110HP), or for any commercial purpose, where it can achieve up to 3000h/year, this unit guarantees excellent performances at each kind of operating condition.
|Engine designation||13 HPE 110||13 HPE 80||13 HPE 40S|
|Crankshaft Power [kW] (hp)||81 (110)||59 (80)||29 (40)|
|Propeller shaft power [kW] (hp)||78 (107)||57 (78)||27 (38)|
|Engine speed [min-1]||4400||4000||4000|
|Displacement [l] (in3)||1,3 (76)||1,3 (76)||1,3 (76)|
|Number of cylinders||4||4||4|
|Bore/stroke [mm] (in)||69,6/82 (2,74/3,23)||69,6/82 (2,74/3,23)||69,6/82 (2,74/3,23)|
|Dry weight with TM345A [kg]||203||203||203|
|Dry weight with ZF25A [kg]||202||202||202|
|Emission compliance||RCD Stage II 2013/53/UE|
Technical data according to ISO8665. Fuel complies EN590. Merchant fuel may differ in specification and may influence engine power output and consumption. Production tolerance within 5% (of power). Not all models, standard equipment and accessories are available in all countries. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Engine block and head
- Cylinder block made of cast-iron
- Cylinder head made of aluminium
- 4-valve per cylinder technology with hydraulic lash adjusters
- Double overhead camshafts
- Automotive-class availability of service and parts
- Metal chain gear
- Flexible engine mounting
- Easily replaceable oil filter, on top of engine
- Easily to inspect or replace oil separator
- Oil vapour filter
- Integrated cooler with engine’s coolant
- Common rail fuel injection system
- CMD proprietary ECU
- Fuel filter with water separator and alarm
Air inlet and exhaust system
- Air filter
- Oil vapours vented into inlet air
- Exhaust elbow or raiser depending on application
- Variable geometry turbocharger
- Raw-water cooled intercooler
- Thermostatically regulated freshwater cooling
- Thermal unit that integrates tubular heat exchanger and expansion tank
- Easily accessible seawater impeller pump
- 12V standard two-pole electrical system
- 12V-1,3kW starter
- Alternator 12V-75A
- Emergency stop button on engine's ECU
- CANBUS Panel with 8m extension and digital display of engine data
Panel instrument CANBUS
- Engine data acquisition with CANBUS J1939 interface.
- Data acquisition from traditional sensors for up to eight analog inputs, five digital inputs and one frequency input.
- Acquisition of navigation data with NMEA0183 interface.
- Up to five relay command outputs for signals and simple activations.
- Alarm monitoring according to approved safety standards.
- Automatic brightness adjustment and day / night mode.
- USB local connectivity for firmware update and configuration.
The unit is supplied already programmed and ready to work.
- TM345A (8°): R. 1,54:1, 2,00:1, 2,47:1
- ZF25A (8°): R. 1,55:1, 1,93:1, 2,48:1, 2,29:1, 2,71:1
In-line and coaxial gearboxes
- TM345 (in line): R. 1,54:1, 2,00:1, 2,47:1
- ZF25 (in line): R. 1,97:1, 2,80:1
- ZF45C (coaxial): R. 1,00:1
- Single or double electronic CANBUS control station
- Boiler kit for heating
- Various length panel extension
- Second control panel for flybridge installations
- RACOR and Mediterraneo filters
- Trolling Valve
- Additional PTO (ISO4183 B/SPB)
- NMEA2000 compatibility kit
- Wide range of additional instruments